more fun with ubuntu

estew estewh at gmail.com
Sat May 25 23:58:48 PDT 2013

> huh. I haven't run into it on fedora. python is built
> differently, though.
>
> dmd -L-lpthread -L-ldl -L-lutil -L-L/usr/lib -L-lz
> /usr/lib/python2.7/config/libpython2.7.a -debug
> -ofbuild/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/link {lotsaobjectfiles} -L-ldl
> -L-lutil -v

Well, that should work fine, although the libs are generally
referenced after the object files that require them, which you
have for dl and util.

ld changed a while back now (around Fedora 13 or 14 I think)
which introduced similar behaviour. This may provide some more
information or links:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ChangeInImplicitDSOLinking

Sorry I cannot really help....hopefully a D/Linux guru out there
know more?

Cheers,
Stewart