double vs real

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Thu May 30 05:17:14 PDT 2013

Hello. I like that D exposes to me the real type to maximally utilize
the machine's numerical precision. Since I am writing a program
(currently in C++ but I am thinking of moving to D) that has to handle
lots of fractional numbers (calculating offset curves and such) I am
wondering whether/when I should real instead of double or even any
arguments in favour of staying with double (compatibility with
C/C++?). Any pointers appreciated please? I checked the FAQ but it
doesn't seem to mention this.

Thanks!

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा