Using in as a parameter qualifier

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Fri May 31 14:25:02 PDT 2013

On Friday, 31 May 2013 at 17:50:33 UTC, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> Sorry but I still don't get it -- if a default constructor is
> disallowed for struct-s by the language itself, why should I
> have to
> *tell* the compiler to disable it?

The compiler always provides a default constructor (maybe not
technically) which is used for .init.

By requesting the default constructor be disabled, is really
saying don't let anyone declare the struct without initializing
it.

Testing shows that in 2.060 the init property is still usable,
which I expected as it is most useful in generic code. But I
don't know if that is sticking around, it is kind of like int a =
void;