ddoc doesn't generate entries of function without any comments?

Baz burg.basile at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 4 15:47:40 PST 2013

On Monday, 4 November 2013 at 22:22:07 UTC, Flamaros wrote:
> I need dig into some low level APIs regularly. Modules like
> std.c.window and std.c.linux doesn't have any documentation
> about what it's contains.
>
> I also try to generate some docs with ddoc on my project and it
> seems it doesn't create any functions/methods entries if there
> is no description on those.
>
> Is there any reason for that?
>
> Generally a function without any description can be considered
> as unstable, but maybe the visibility have to play a role here?

doc is not auto generated. It has nothing to do with
attributes(@trusted, @safe, ...) you need to write some kind of
comments, like specified here:

http://dlang.org/ddoc.html

And after reading this, you'll get why a lot of people write some
comments over each method...when you write a lib it allows to
generate the documentation of the API with a description, a list
of parameters, a code example, and so on...
Respect the syntax and you'll get your html files, assuming you
pass the right compiler switch.
e.g

// single line not generated

/// single line generated