Small troubles with "private"

Simen Kjærås simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 09:02:29 PST 2013

On 05.11.2013 17:40, bearophile wrote:
> Meta:
>
>> I've seen Jacob Carlborg suggest that unittests should be put in a
>> separate module before, maybe this is an argument for that, even in
>> smaller projects.
>
> Putting the unittests very close to their functions/methods is very
> good, for various reasons. I even sometimes write functions like this:
>
> void foo() {
> } unittest {

I routinely do both in my code - test functionality in the same module,
and the interface in a separate module.

Also, I love writing unittests the way you mention here - I've gotten
used to thinking something's wrong if there's not a unittest block
immediately following a function. It looks nice, and meshes nicely with DBC:

auto foo(Args args)
in {
} out {
} body {