who to use -allinst

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Wed Nov 6 12:14:24 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 6 November 2013 at 20:02:42 UTC, Benjamin Thaut
wrote:
> Well I encounter strange linker errors since 2.064. The
> question is if it is supposed to be used when compiling the
> executable or when compiling the static library.

You are trying to think about it about a normal feature with
intended use cases. It is not. For now I'd recommend to always
use it in release builds but remove it time to time and report
all linker failures without it to bugzilla - maybe we will manage
to implement it properly until 2.065

tl; dr: it is rollback switch for broken feature that was not
reverted