Errors running a vibe.d program using dub

Jacek Furmankiewicz jacek99 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 08:17:52 PST 2013

Hi, first time D newbie here, so please forgive me.

I am trying to write my first D program, namely a basic web
server using vibe.d and dub.

The code is the basic code on the vibe.d page:

http://vibed.org/

After installing dub, I init a new project using it and followed
the steps on how to add vibe.d as a dependency:

http://vibed.org/docs#first-steps

When I try to compile and run it using dub, I get:

dub
Checking dependencies in '/home/jacekf/tmp/webd'
Building configuration "application", build type debug
Compiling...
Linking...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -levent
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -levent_pthreads
--- errorlevel 1
Error: Link command failed with exit code 1

Run 'dub help' for usage information.

I made sure on my Ubuntu (64-bit) box, I have libevent installed
(both the libevent-1.4.2 and libevent-2.0.5 packages, not sure
which one it needs), as
well as libevent-pthreads-2.0-5.

Still no luck, I am obviously missing something very basic.

Thank you for any help in helping me with my first D program.

Cheers
Jacek