cannot infer argument types

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Nov 13 09:57:50 PST 2013

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:02:15 bearophile wrote:
> I'd like dmd to give a deprecation warning when you use a
> built-in sort.

Agreed, but it's not officially deprecated yet, much as I think that it's
supposed to be.

> And regarding sorting ASCII chars, it's a common need. I usually
> do it this way (if the input array of chars is mutable the code
> could spare the dup):

Sure, but you can't sort it as char[] that way, and you have to be sure that
you're dealing with ASCII-only.

> string s = "test";
> string t = cast(string)(s.dup.representation.sort().release);

I keep forgetting about std.string.representation. I always end up casting
(though representation is arguably better).

- Jonathan M Davis