Array Defenitions

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 20:58:50 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 13 November 2013 at 20:44:04 UTC, Jeroen Bollen
wrote:
> I feel there is a lack of resources/documentation on array
> definitions. I cannot believe the official documentation tries
> to explain how D handles arrays without defining an array a
> single time.
>
> http://dlang.org/arrays.html

Could you provide information on what you are looking for. The
document states,

"Dynamic arrays consist of a length and a pointer to the array
data. Multiple dynamic arrays can share all or parts of the array
data."

We have started using the same terminology as Go and are now
formally calling them slices, but still use array casually.

I can agree that "point and length" doesn't have a connection
with semantics and use, but that is what they are. (The runtime
maintains a block of memory somewhere that the slice points to)