Deimos rules?

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Nov 14 06:06:59 PST 2013

On 14/11/13 13:13, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I would say stay as close to the original C code as possible. Although I do
> prefer to translate typedefs like int8_t to real D types, like byte, if they exist.

In some ways I wonder why D's types aren't just specified according to the
number of bits -- int8, int16, int32, int64 instead of byte, short, int, long.
I suppose on balance it's probably less readable and easier to make mistakes
writing.

More generally -- is it considered desirable to provide not only the C-like
translation, but also a higher-level "D-ified" wrapper?  Or is that considered
overkill for Deimos?