What is the closest to ConcurrentHashMap and NavigableMap in Java?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri Nov 15 11:44:37 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-11-15 at 20:10 +0100, Jacek Furmankiewicz wrote:
> if I recall from the initial Go discussion, the Go folks were
> saying that for close to realtime SLAs the goroutine/channel
> approach may have some scalability limits...which is why they
> started recommending the RW mutex approach in the end.
>
> Now, that was a few months ago, since then Go 1.1 (and soon 1.2)
> came out, so that may be a false statement at this time.

I guess they were hinting at scheduling issues where there are many more
goroutines than kernel threads available. Not a problem for Web services
and applications but a potential problem for hard real-time. I don't
think 12.0, 1.1, 1.2,… will change the core issue – though it will
change the code generation, which is getting better. Though gccgo
already produces very efficient code, much faster execution than the
main Go system.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk