What is the closest to ConcurrentHashMap and NavigableMap in Java?

qznc qznc at web.de
Fri Nov 15 14:16:11 PST 2013

On Thursday, 14 November 2013 at 23:10:58 UTC, Jacek
Furmankiewicz wrote:
> While looking a D, I am just trying to focus on the parts which
> I know would be a showstopper for us on day one...and this
> particular issue is it.

Yes, I also think for long-running memory-hungry server-stuff the
current conservative GC is a show stopper. Some people are
working on a concurrent and a  precise GC. Then parallel and
concurrent and incremental and generational and whatnot GCs will
be explored. The point where it gets interesting for these
server-apps is not clear though.

> Regarding the GC, I've seen some slides on DConf about other
> garbage collectors available. Is there any resource/tutorial
> that shows how you can swap out the default GC for those
> alternative implementations?

As far as I know those other GCs are not ready for prime time
yet. For sure, there is no other GC shipped with the current D
2.064.2.

Oh, and keep nagging! We need to hear about showstoppers, so we
can fix them! ;)