Reflections on Serialization APIs in D

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 07:11:30 PST 2013

> I would suspect that the biggest reason is the limitations that
> that
> imposes on the underlying serialization implementation, as it
> would
> require that the underlying format support a minimum set of
> types.

I'm not sure that's actually true. I've been working on my own
serialisation library in D that I plan to unleash on the announce
forum soon and it does it in a manner described by the original
poster. Even with custom serialisations, client code need only
define one function for both directions.

The only reason I haven't announced it yet is because I wanted to
be pure it's polished enough, but maybe I shouldn't wait.

Atila