mixed type list?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Nov 20 08:13:54 PST 2013

seany:

> Now, i was trying the first, i used the
> std.algorithms.splitter, and the result is of type *Result* and
> not string[], nonetheless I can cast (how does this work? isn't
> typedef removed, and alias should preserve underlaying types)

cast() should be used only when you know what you are doing, and
here you don't know it. I suggest to use "split" instead.

> 1. either return the individual addresses of an element of an
> array or any type of objects...

To get the address of an object just cast its pointer to
something like a size_t. To get the address of array items, use
&myarray[idx].

> 2. generate variable names on the fly in RUNTIME?

You probably need an associative array.

Bye,
bearophile