DStep

Craig Dillabaugh cdillaba at cg.scs.carleton.ca
Fri Nov 22 06:35:43 PST 2013

I am trying to use DStep on OpenSuse 12.3.  I downloaded one of
the binaries (it was for Debian, so I guess that is my problem),
and when I run DStep I get the following error:

craigkris at linux-s9qf:~/code/DShape/D> dstep shapefil.h
File(850DF8, "")/usr/include/stdio.h:33:11: fatal error:
'stddef.h' file not found

This seems to be some problem with clang (when I googled around I
found similar errors).

I actually started trying to fix this by adding symlinks to the
offending header files in my /usr/include folder, but that is
looking like a losing proposition. Has anyone successfully
overcome this before.

I also tried downloading dstep from gitHub and building from
scratch, but I am getting all sort of errors there (eg.)

> build.sh
dstep/driver/Application.d(13): Error: module Application is in
file 'dstack/application/Application.d' which cannot be read

Any help would be appreciated.

Craig