DStep

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Nov 24 06:09:16 PST 2013

On 2013-11-24 14:01, Gary Willoughby wrote:

> I ran into the same issue and the documentation does cover it, but why
> on earth should a binary require a header file?

It needs the header files when compiling C code. Up until after phase of
creating the AST I assume the process would be exactly the same as
compiling C code with Clang.

It will basically compile the C code but skip the code generating phase.
The headers are not always needed. Converting this will work without any
headers:

int foo (int x, int y);

As soon as you start using includes in the header files you'll most
likely end up including stddef.h or stdarg.h indirectly, one way or another.

--
/Jacob Carlborg