Composing features at compile time

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 13:04:00 PST 2013

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
> On 2013-11-24 21:14, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>
>> If features are coupled, I see no easy way out.
>

> I suspected that. They not so much coupled with each other, rather coupled
> with the default functionality that will always be there.

I don't see how to do that, except by using flags & string mixins.
It'll still be the same intricate (and not so easily extensible) code,
but at least by using string mixins the functionality can be defined
elsewhere and reused.

I suppose that the standard advice would be to decouple features as
much as possible, but then you probably already do that :)