version(assert) and Phobos release unittest build

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Thu Nov 28 10:01:13 PST 2013

On Thursday, 28 November 2013 at 17:28:56 UTC, Gary Willoughby
wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 November 2013 at 17:22:20 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> I don't know what is the proper way to handle this but current
>> situation is clearly worth a bugzilla entry. It is just weird.
>
> Maybe this is intended behaviour to handle testing AssertErrors
> in unit tests? How else could you test them.

It is tricky.

a) by not using asserts
b) by compiling unittest blocks in separate pass from main app

(a) breaks many existing tests in release, (b) does not fit well
into existing compilation model but can be worth considering

There is also (c) of course : document the fact that -unittest
overrides -release with big red words everywhere :)

I don't know what is good way to handle this. I know for sure
that current situation is damn obscure though.