Learning D - first steps and best practices

qznc qznc at web.de
Tue Oct 1 12:32:05 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 29 September 2013 at 07:49:21 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> I confess that I don't understand why so many people are
> fixated on having a
> standard style, particularly when it's very, very clear that
> most everyone
> disagrees on what counts as good style. What little we have in
> terms of official
> style guidlelines for D can be found here:
> http//:dlang.org/dstyle.html

I think nowadays programmers expect their language to come with
more opinion and best practices. In contrast, the C++ world is
too fragmented for consistent advice.

I believe, the best solution would be to include an
auto-formatter (like go fmt), so people can simply reformat the
code before and after editing.