directx bindings problem

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Thu Oct 3 03:08:42 PDT 2013

Am 03.10.2013 11:57, schrieb evilrat:
> On Thursday, 3 October 2013 at 09:35:46 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>> Am 03.10.2013 08:19, schrieb evilrat:
>>> i'm trying directx bindings from dsource
>>> (http://dsource.org/projects/bindings/wiki/DirectX)
>>> and encountered problem, when calling swap chain getbuffer it suddenly
>>> crashes. does anyone using it? any help please :(
>>>
>>> // Create a render target view
>>> ID3D11Texture2D* pBackBuffer;
>>>
>>> // C++ version
>>> //hr = g_pSwapChain->GetBuffer( 0, __uuidof( ID3D11Texture2D
>>> ),(LPVOID*)&pBackBuffer );
>>>
>>> // D version(crashes)
>>> hr = g_pSwapChain.GetBuffer( 0, &IID_ID3D11Texture2D,
>>> cast(LPVOID*)pBackBuffer );
>>
>> What directX .lib file are you linking against?
>> Whats the exact error that is given to you?
>> When you run this from within visual studio you might get additional
>> information about the problem.
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Bejamin Thaut
>

> d3dcompiler.lib, d3d11.lib, dxgi.lib
>
> i can't get any details on it, as it seems to be somewhere inside
> DirectX C++ part. i was thinking this is GUID problem, so i'd tried
> using IIDFromString on D3D11Texture2d GUID to get actual value with no
> luck(it always report invalid args).

NO I mean are you sure the library paths are correctly set to the "June
2010 DirectX SDK/lib" path?

Do you use 32 or 64 bit?

You can get details on crashes inside DirectX by using the microsoft
symbol server: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311503 (assuming you use
the microsoft debugger of course)

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut