Conflict between std.file write() and std.stdio write()

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Oct 3 12:11:09 PDT 2013

Craig Dillabaugh:

> However, I can't seem to remember in C++ or any other language
> (not that I know all that many other languages) coming across a
> function in the standard library that conflicted with another
> function in the standard library in this way.

Generally Phobos should be designed to avoid name clashes as much
as possible. Because Phobos functions are used often, and because
specifying fully the path of function doesn't play well with UFCS
chains (unless you use Alias!(), but it's long to write).

Recently one name clash, with "chunks", was removed from Phobos.
Another clash, with "splitter", is currently worked on.

Bye,
bearophile