My design need friends

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 5 14:57:57 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 5 October 2013 at 21:46:19 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> It isn't really a fix, but in these situations what I've been
> doing in my code is just writing:
>
> // don't use this
> /* private */ final public void foo() {}
>
> final makes sure it doesn't get overridden wrongly, and then
> the comments make my intention a little more clear.

Yeah, or I let the render method uncommented, so that nobody can
see it in the resulting DDoc. :D
But this is no real solution. Maybe we should convince Walter for
something like 'friend'?
I know that we have something similar with classes in the same
module, but that is ugly and unuseable in my situation.