Getting the missing Windows functions

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 12:59:38 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 6 October 2013 at 19:44:16 UTC, Matt wrote:
> I have noticed that a number of the current Windows C functions
> are not in core.sys.windows.windows.d
>
> I tried adding them to the module (after setting up source
> control so I can roll back any errors I might make), and found
> that Optlink wasn't finding the functions to resolve the
> symbols to. How do I go about getting the libraries that have
> the missing functionality, and once I have it, is it simply a
> case of editing the above module to make them available?

Please see the following project for an updated binding to
Windows functions:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/wiki/WindowsApi

Typically you link to one of the distributed Windows DLLs via an
import library, e.g. you would pass "kernel32.lib" at the
command-line when calling DMD for any functions in the kernel32
DLL. kernel32.lib is the import lib, and it's distributed along
with DMD.