Windows 64

Casper Færgemand" <shorttail at hotmail.com> Casper Færgemand" <shorttail at hotmail.com>
Mon Oct 7 13:25:48 PDT 2013

On Monday, 7 October 2013 at 17:48:13 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> Maybe the WindowsSdkDir environment variable is not set in your
> console. For the Windows 8 SDK, the standard location of the
> x64 libraries is
>
> "c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64"
>
> for the Windows 7 SDK or previous (replace the version):
>
> "c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Lib\x64"
>
> so the entry with expanded environment variables on my system
> using VS 2012 and Windows SDK 8 is:
>
> LIB=%@P%\..\lib;"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 11.0\VC\lib\amd64";"c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
> Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64"
>
> I don't think the quotes are necessary, but the original sc.ini
> has them, too.
When I run %WindowsSdkDir% from the start menu I end up in the
v7.0A folder, so the path seems correct.

I have v7.0A, but there is no x64 folder in the Lib folder.
In fact, I get the same 103 unresolved dependencies even if I
change the name of the Lib folder to Lib2, so presumably I never
get that far in the linking that it reaches the directory?
What exactly does it need from WinSDK to link? Does it need
anything if the program is simply void main() {}?