Windows 64

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Oct 7 22:59:33 PDT 2013

On 08.10.2013 01:26, "Casper Færgemand" <shorttail at hotmail.com>" wrote:
> And I'm done. The problem was this:
> LIB=%@P%\..\lib;%VCINSTALLDIR%\lib\amd64;%WindowsSdkDir%\Lib\x64
> The lib folder linked first contains kernel32.lib and shell32.lib.
> Removing both made -m64 possible, but killed -m32. Changing it to this:
> LIB=%VCINSTALLDIR%\lib\amd64;%WindowsSdkDir%\Lib\x64;%@P%\..\lib
> solved everything. Now the dmd lib is checked last, when the real
> kernel32 and shell32 have already been found.
>
> Well that only took half a year. ~~ Thanks for the help.

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble, but good that it finally works.

I've been trying to convince Walter to put the 64-bit libraries into a
different folder "lib64" for the dmd release for some time. I hope this
lesson will convince him.

BTW: if you want to pass additional directories to the ms linker through
the dmd command line, you can use "-L/LIBPATH:dir".