std.process spawnShell/pipeShell dont capture output of the shell

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 07:27:29 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 9 October 2013 at 11:22:26 UTC, Colin Grogan wrote:
> "
> ~/test$ ./mess ls
> Executing: ls
> STDOUT: mess
> STDOUT: text.txt
>
> "
> Thats all fine, however, I'd expect it to print another
> "~/test$" at the end, as if its an interactive shell waiting
> for input.

It is extracting the output of the program, 99.9% of the time
this is what everyone wants and including the shells behavior
would be terrible.

If you run bash, then it is going to be waiting for stdin so
you'd need to pass it "ls" and "exit" to get the output and quit.
I'm not sure this would get you want you wanted.