Windows SetConsoleScreenBufferSize() returning an odd error code

webwraith webwraith at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 10 00:22:45 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 5 October 2013 at 21:33:32 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
wrote:
> On 10/5/13, webwraith <webwraith at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>> I don't know about you, but it's beginning to look to me like
>> SetConsoleScreenBufferSize() takes pixels as its unit of
>> measurement, and not columns and rows, as is stated in its
>> documentation. I don't suppose you could confirm this?
>
> I don't know, but maybe these are helpful:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/a/9237971/279684
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms686125%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

thanks for the help Andrej. I had asked the question over on
GameDev.net as well, and they ended up pointing me at the DOSBox
sources, which gave me exactly what I needed. After mulling it
over quickly, I realized it was a cnp to get it to work in D. I
have the link here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/dosbox/code-0/HEAD/tree/dosbox/trunk/src/debug/debug_win32.cpp