Starting D with a project in mind.

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Wed Oct 16 02:43:17 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 16 October 2013 at 07:52:44 UTC, Andrew wrote:
> Giving up on dub, I tried niaively to build one of the vibe.d
> samples directly

This is something I have used with vibe.d in absence of dub
(untested, from my memory):

git clone https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/openssl
git clone https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/libevent
git clone https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d
cd myvibeapp
rdmd --compiler=gdmd2 -I../openssl/ -I../libevent
-I../vibe.d/source -J./views/ -version=VibeLibeventDriver
--build-only source/app.d

Usage of `rdmd` is crucial here as you need something to take
care of compiling all imported modules. dmd/gdc/ldc don't do it
on their own and you really don't want to track that module list
manually ;)

rdmd sources are here (it is a small trivial D app):
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools