Interfacing via Java Native Interface

Andrew diehertz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 07:39:22 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 16 October 2013 at 13:31:50 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> Would you mind posting your example code? I'm supposed to be
> exploring using D on android myself next week and a little kick
> to help get started would be cool; I've never actually done any
> android stuff.
>
> As I understand it though, you aren't supposed to use native
> code for the bulk of the app which sucks. But still some D is
> better than no D.

I don't mind, but the code is currently Java + D without any
Android. I can post it in such state, the only thing that keeps
me from moving it to Android is absence of D compiler with ARM
back-end (though I'm sure it exists and I have even seen some
articles about building D for ARM and Android).

Concluding, I can post the could if you like, or I can first try
compiling it for ARM :-)

You're not supposed to use native code in Android, right, but
many companies do. The company I work for uses C++ in order to
make project cross-platform between iOS and Android.