matrix business in D

Brian Rogoff brogoff at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 16:13:04 PDT 2013

On Friday, 18 October 2013 at 13:04:51 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Julia is a very new language, quite newer than D. I don't think
> it's a good idea to recommend it for real work.

I don't think that the simple rule comparing age of the languages
in question for risk assessment is very useful. Given all of the
other variables, I'd be more likely to recommend Julia for
numerical linear algebra today than D for the same role.

That's not a slam on D, which I mostly like better than it's
competition (C++, Rust, C, ...) but rather an observation that
the Julia community is entirely focused on this domain.

A really risk averse programmer who wouldn't consider Julia in
this domain wouldn't consider D either

-- Brian