conv text and pure

Daniel Davidson nospam at spam.com
Wed Oct 23 14:17:30 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 23 October 2013 at 20:18:39 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
wrote:
> On 10/23/13, Daniel Davidson <nospam at spam.com> wrote:
>> Great, thanks. What is the best way to get on that version for
>> the Mac (pointer to instructions)?
>
> You can download the beta here:
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/52605C84.6010109@walterbright.com

Thanks for pointer. I am using it and the file conv.d has:

string text(T...)(T args) { return textImpl!string(args); }

So, when you say it is pure, what are you referring to. I think
pure could be specified as a block, but when I search up the next
prior pure occurrence is:
   @safe pure unittest

So I don't think it is in a pure block. Also I still get:

Error: pure function 'plus.utils.history.History!(const(S),
"a.date < b.date").History.opOpAssign!("~", S).opOpAssign' cannot
call impure function 'std.conv.text!(string, string, const(S),
string, const(S)).text'

So, I am still looking for workaround if possible and answers to
the general questions on pure.

Thanks
Dan