std.range.chunk without length

qznc qznc at web.de
Wed Oct 30 13:43:52 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 30 October 2013 at 00:20:12 UTC, Stephan Schiffels
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like a version of std.range.chunk that does not require the
> range to have the "length" property.
>
> As an example, consider a file that you would like parse by
> lines and always lump together four lines, i.e.
>
> import std.stdio;
> void main() {
>   auto range = File("test.txt", "r").byLine();
>   foreach(c; range.chunks(4)) { //doesn't compile
>     writefln("%s %s", c[0], c[1]);
>   }
> }

Your wish was granted. Monarchdodra was sent back in time [0], so
it is already fixed in HEAD. You could try the dmd beta [1].

[0] https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/992
[1] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/526DD8C5.2040402@digitalmars.com