Newbie questions. Which Compiler to start with? Real Time behaviour? Has anyone converted CImg yet?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 18:54:16 PDT 2013

On Monday, 2 September 2013 at 00:32:52 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> I think no one has converted CImg to D. There is a graphics
> project for D, perhaps named simplegraphics, that contains
> about 0.01% of CImg.

If you mean my little libs, I'm not really aiming for complex
drawing. simpledisplay.d has the basic functions that all
operating systems have (lines, rectangles, etc.) and as of
recently, some OpenGL support for drawing on screen, but not much
beyond that.

I am working on a generic drawing library that works entirely in
memory without OS assistance, but again my plan is to keep it
simple and just do the basics so it won't be anywhere near what
cimg does. Some of this code is now in color.d on my github, and
more is in a file called image_basicdrawing that I haven't posted
online yet.

But I use words like "simple" and "basic" in the filenames
hopefully to keep people from getting their hopes too high so
they aren't disappointed when it doesn't do what they want :)