[Font] Getting font folder on all platforms

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Sep 5 23:38:49 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-05 21:48, Flamaros wrote:
> I am searching the right way to find fonts folder for each platforms
> (Windows, linux, macOS X)
>
> On Windows it's generally "C:\Windows\Fonts" but a direct access seems
> brutal, it's certainly expected to retrieve this path by using some
> register keys?
>
> Is someone know how it works for linux and/or macOS X?
>
> I need to be able to retrieve fastest as possible the right file from
> the font and family name.

The paths used for fonts on Mac OS X are the ones listed in this table:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2435

To programmatically work with fonts, have a look at these API's:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Carbon/Reference/CTFontRef/Reference/reference.html

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Reference/CGFont/Reference/reference.html

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/TextFonts/Conceptual/CocoaTextArchitecture/FontHandling/FontHandling.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009459-CH5-SW1

That last link describes an Objective-C API.

--
/Jacob Carlborg