N step fft in D language

Kadir Erdem Demir kerdemdemir at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 15 08:15:27 PDT 2013

I am using fft function from std.numeric

Complex!double[] resultfft = fft(timeDomainAmplitudeVal);

The parameter timeDomainAmplitudeVal is audio amplitude data.
Sample rate 44100 hz and there is 131072(2^16) samples

I am seeing that resultfft has the same size as
timeDomainAmplitudeVal(131072) which does not fits my
project(also makes no sense) . I need to be able to divide FFT to
N equally spaced frequencies. And I need this N to be defined by
me .

Is there anyway to implement this with std.numeric.fft or can you
have any advices for fft library?

Ps: I will be glad to hear if some DSP libraries exist also