Problems setting up Eclipse/DDT

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Sep 16 02:56:18 PDT 2013

What with all the IDE discussion going on, I thought I'd have a go at trying out
Eclipse with the DDT plugin.

I'm running Eclipse 3.8 installed from system repos on Ubuntu 13.10.  Adding the
DDT plugin as per the instructions here:
http://code.google.com/p/ddt/wiki/Installation

... seems to work fine.  Now I go to the Window menu and select Preferences, and
then click on DDT > Compilers, and click the Search button.

The search process freezes when it discovers LDC, with the "Progress
Information" window reading:

     Found 3007 - Searching /opt/ldc/bin/ldmd2

... and I'm forced to kill Eclipse manually.  Can anyone advise what the problem
might be and how to correct it?

I asked this on the DDT Google Group but had no response, so thought I'd ask
here.  Suffice to say that I think that, even if LDC isn't supported via DDT
yet, it's pretty bad that the search for compilers should freeze up if LDC is
installed.