User defined attributes use

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Sep 16 12:28:21 PDT 2013

On 9/16/13 11:56 AM, Namespace wrote:
> I hate this NotNull struct hack. It is the same crap as the current
> scope solution.

Scoped variables in the language were a lot worse.

> BTW: I'm curious which built-in feature will be removed
> next, maybe AA?

If we're diligent and lucky, hopefully.

> An annotation like Foo! f would be much nicer than NotNull!Foo or
> @NotNull Foo, but it would be an agreement.

Is annotation the only or main problem?

> And I agree absolute, to disable default CTor's by struct's was a huge
> mistake. But D is full of those. ;)

They are not disabled. It seems many people are having trouble with
getting default constructors to evaluate code, so I assume you mean
that. One possibility (or first step) would be to relax the language to
allow CTFE-executable code in default constructors.

Andrei