License of RosettaCode examples (for bearophile:-)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Sep 17 04:32:29 PDT 2013

Joseph Rushton Wakeling:

> This message is especially for bearophile, but applies to
> anyone posting examples on RosettaCode :-)
>
> Can I ask you to clarify your licensing intentions for these
> examples?  By default all on RosettaCode is GNU Free
> Documentation License, which does not really play in a friendly
> way with ... just about any actual software license.

I am just following the common licensing you see in that site:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-1.2.html

Recently the author of most of the PicoLisp entries has collected
them in a commercial book, this has caused some troubles.

If you want info about Rosettacode licensing I suggest you go in
the rosettacode IRC channel and talk with Mike Mol about it.

Bye,
bearophile