Mac and Win support

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Sep 18 23:28:59 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-19 01:05, Jonathan A Dunlap wrote:
> In D's current status, which OS between the two would you say is 'most'
> supported? I'm looking at features like parallelism and SIMD. Thanks!

I don't if there are any big differences between Windows and Mac OS X in
regards those two features.

A big difference is that on Windows 32bit the Optlink linker is used.
Which is known to cause problems. On Mac OS X and the rest of the Posix
platforms the system linker is used. Compiling for 64bit on Windows will
uses the Microsoft linker. But the support for the Microsoft tool chain
is quite new.

--
/Jacob Carlborg