Learning D - first steps and best practices

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Sep 30 05:57:23 PDT 2013

Stefan Larsson:

> 1. It makes it easier for myself to write code in a consistent
> style and I would automatically write in a similar style as
> everybody else. It removes one degree of freedom from my mind.
>
> 2. It simplifies education of teams where it is desired that
> all members write code in the same style/layout. In my opinion
> it should not be possible to see which individual wrote the
> code.

Having a shared coding style in a newly designed language is
quite important.
This is an introduction to the standard D style:
http://dlang.org/dstyle.html

Regarding tools for that, there are not many at the moment, like:
http://analyzed.no-ip.org/
But probably this tool should be improved in its perceptions of
what good D is.

Bye,
bearophile