Visual Studio - formatting

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Sep 30 07:05:11 PDT 2013

On 27.09.2013 22:26, Namespace wrote:
>> 3. I have no symbol view. Or better: I see nothing there. And that is
>> the most painfull thing.
> That was my fault. I've deactivated the JSON output for some reason.
>
>> On Friday, 27 September 2013 at 19:37:55 UTC, Namespace wrote:
>> On Friday, 27 September 2013 at 13:47:21 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>> Could you give an example where it does not meet your expectation?
>>
>> Sure.
>> 1. I cannot format the whole file

Select all, then indent the selection. With the default shortcuts, that
is Ctrl+A, Alt+F8.

>> 2. I have no setting to format automatically.

What kind of formatting do you mean? There is "smart-indent" that
automatically indents the next line if you press Return. Or do you
expect something to happen while you change something within an existing
line?