How to find documentation of hard-to-google keywords and symbols

dnspies dspies at ualberta.ca
Thu Apr 3 09:06:45 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 3 April 2014 at 09:27:29 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 April 2014 at 06:59:45 UTC, dnspies wrote:
>> I often have trouble finding documentation for keywords such
>> as "in" and "is" in D.  Also, functions like "find" I expect
>> to be in std.string but it's actually in std.algorithm and
>> Tuple I expect to be in std.typetuple but it's actually in
>> std.typecons.  These make sense in retrospect, but it would be
>> nice to have a lookup table.  Further, DDT for eclipse doesn't
>> have a ctrl-shift-O (auto-import), so I have to remember or
>> figure out by guessing every time where to find these. The
>> isWhite function I want is in std.utf, but newline is only in
>> std.ascii.  It's a lot to keep track of and there doesn't seem
>> to be any easy reference.
>>
>> Is there an alphabetical listing (with links) of all keywords
>> and functions in D?
>
> http://dlang.org/spec.html
> http://dlang.org/library/index.html

Thanks, but neither of these lists contains functions or
keywords.  One lists high-level language concepts and the other
is a list of modules.  I still don't know where to find
documentation for "is" (which I just found out in another forum
post is overloaded for dynamic arrays).  Can users overload the
meaning of "is" themselves?