Local function overloading

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Apr 14 03:30:01 PDT 2014

On Sunday, April 13, 2014 08:40:17 Philpax wrote:
> Is not being able to overload functions in local scope intended
> behaviour?

Yes. IIRC, I complained about it at one point, and Walter didn't like the idea
of having overloaded nested functions. I don't remember what his reasoning
was, but I don't remember agreeing with it either. You can certainly always
open up an enhancement request for it. Maybe one of the compiler devs can
implement it and talk Walter into accepting it:

https://issues.dlang.org/

- Jonathan M Davis