Creating Libraries Callable from C

TJB via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 26 10:13:42 PDT 2014

Is it possible to write a library that is callable from C without
the enduser even knowing it was written in D? That is, can a C
programmer use the library as though it were written in C
straightforwardly? Or for that matter, by an enduser programming
in Python or Lua where the library is being exposed through those
languages' C API?

I'm sure this is a widely discussed and well understood topic,
but I am a newbie (and have no formal training in CS) and don't
know where to look for documentation.

A little baby tutorial would be super helpful and well received
by this newbie.

Thanks so much!

TJB