Problem with code coverage. No .lst files?

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 26 17:37:39 PDT 2014

On 04/26/2014 01:11 PM, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:

 > If you compile with -cov
 > AND use -of where the output file is in a different directory than where
 > the build is taking place(eg, buld happens in C:/DProject/, and the
 > command line has -ofC:/DProject/Unittest/Unittest.exe), no .lst files
 > are produced.

I can reproduce it under Linux if I change to the program directory and
run the program in there. However, if I run the program with its full
path when I am inside the original directory where I built the program
from, then the .lst file gets generated.

 > Is this a bug that needs to be reported?

Yes.

 > command line that will produce .lst file: dmd test.d -cov -unittest
 > -main -ofWill.exe
 >
 > command line that won't produce .lst file: dmd test.d -cov -unittest
 > -main -oftest\Wont.exe

So, under Linux, if I start the program as test/wont then the .lst gets
generated in the current directory.

Ali