Static constructors inconsistency

spec via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 27 08:35:08 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 27 April 2014 at 13:31:39 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Is it possible and a good idea to raise a compilation error in
> such cases where code tries to use Bar static fields before bar
> static this() has run? (But perhaps a more fine-grained error
> is needed, that tracks single fields, to allow more flexible
> code of mutually initializing constructors).
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I usually try to refrain myself from opinionating on stuff where
i lack proper knowledge and i'am still a newbie with D (contrary
to you bearophile). Having said this, the current behavior did
confused me and it may very well confuse others in the future. I
would very much prefer that an error had been thrown, because at
that point, i would know immediately that it was me who was doing
something wrong..

Cheers,