import with renaming and public import inside module

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 29 02:57:06 PDT 2014

On Monday, 28 April 2014 at 15:57:16 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> `zmod.symbol` works, too.
no, it's not. at least on latest GDC.

> I don't think so. The point of the renamed import is that you
> have to use the new name.
but i renamed only my.module, not others. nothing hints me that
renaming is SO global. it's counterintuitive.

> If you want the new name to be optional
no, i don't. i don't want my.module symbols in global scope at
all (it was static import in a fact, i relaxed it later).

> As far as I can see, everything works as intended.
so it's broken beyond any repair. so sad.