Help plz: Using to libraries in D?

K.K. via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 29 13:54:58 PDT 2014

Hi! I've kinda got a few noob questions...

I've been trying to learn D for the last few months, and I've got
a pretty good grasp of the syntax, but I've been having trouble
figuring out how to use libraries(excluding the standard lib).

I've been trying to setup a game engine, so I've tried libraries
like Derelict, Allegro(the derelict version and the C version),
and GFM. Plus later on when I'm having less trouble I was hoping
to get PyD involved.

I tried using the makefile that came with Derelict2 (win32.mak
through powershell with DMD), and everything worked fine but I
still didn't know what to do with the D interface files or the
object lib files. Do I only worry about them at compile time?
-but I still need to link to the libraries in the files that need
them right? ....and which one, there seems to be multiple
locations to go to.

But then ofcouse GFM is based off of Derelict3, which doesn't
seem to have any makefiles, so.... idk.

I feel like I'm on the right path here, and have all the pieces
but am totally lost on how to put it together. I feel like I've
gotta ask someone directly at this point because I've just been
reading manuals and books for this one step for like 2 weeks now.

So if someone could break it down for me, or atleast give me a
few links to some guides that'd be greatly appreciated; Thanks!

(If you need me to elaborate some more on what I'm trying to do,
I'd be happy to oblige)