Trouble linking to static library with Visual D

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 2 02:07:00 PDT 2014

On 02.08.2014 04:43, quakkels wrote:
> Hello D'ers,
>
> I've been really impressed with Visual D and I've decided to undertake
> my first D project using Visual D in Visual Studio 2012. However, I've
> had trouble trying to figure out how to link a static library.
>
> I've outlined my situation in this Stack Overflow question.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25071649/how-to-link-to-packages-in-static-libraries-using-visual-d
>

> I would very much appreciate any insight into what I can do to correct
> the described behavior.
>
> Thanks,
> quakkels

Your request.d should declare the full module name including the package:

module codecramlib.http.request;

Then import it with this name from package.d:

import codecramlib.http.request;

When you get to the link stage, you'll probably run into undefined
symbols: you'll have to add a dependency in the "Project Dependencies"
dialog to add the static library to the linker command line of the
executable.