building a D app with multiple source files

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 5 01:22:01 PDT 2014

On 8/5/2014 5:06 PM, nikki wrote:

>>> that one worked, woohoo thanks.
>>>
>>> what did the -Isource do? it's not in the 'rdmd --help'
>>
>> You'll find it in dmd's --help. It adds the "source" directory to the
>> search path, the list of directories where the compiler looks for
>> imported modules.
>
> edit: couldn't find that flag in dmd --help (only -Ipath), atleast I
> know what it does now, hope I'll remember..
> thanks a lot though @ great helpful community

The switch itself is -I, not -Ipath. 'path' indicates a parameter for
which you need to substitute something, in this case a directory path.
It should be the root folder for the source modules you want to add to
the search path. In this case, for artemisd, the source files are in the
'source' directory, so -Isource is what you pass to dmd. If the
directory were named 'foo' instead, you would pass -Ifoo.

---